Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Cebu, Philippines - Mouthwatering Indian Food

The Famous Indian Curry House @ APM Mall

The Backstory

Four years ago my best friend Joy and I stumbled upon this hole in the wall, middle of no where, authentic, home cooked, taxi cab joint type Indian restaurant with amazing mutton curry, roti and gee, and chicken biryani that just melted in your mouth like the goodness of warm butter! It was the best Indian restaurant We ever tried outside India - it closed down - so I spent the next four years agonizing over the craving I wouldn't ever satisfy unless I hunted down the chef and offered him a reasonable bribe.


The Frontstory

Four years later, An Indian pilot I meet back in Cebu who is a sucker for home cooked dosa, idli, sambar and all things South Indian tells me about an Indian restaurant saying "Shana, this place is such a find in the Philippines they make the dosas like the real thing... 80% as close to as if you were eating it in India" I swore to him saying "captain! it won't ever come close to the one four years ago and then he tells me Before I break into tears over reminiscing the loss, "Oh it's the same restaurant they just moved!" Oh well moving on...

What To Order


Dosa! Dosa! Dosa!
Idli Sambar - use your hands
Biryani - Chicken biryani can't go wrong
Mutton Curry - with sweetness of roti and gee
Everything else on the menu is really good


Extras

People often miss the Indian street food they also serve at this joint. So make sure you grab at least, Pani Puri, Sev Puri, Dhahi Puri, Aloo Wada, Pau Bhaji


Contact

The Famous Indian Curry House
APM Mall
10a - 10p
Call Anjali @ 
www.facebook.com/thefamousindiancurryhouse
www.famousindiancurryhouse.com



No comments:

Post a Comment