Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Buenos Aires - Must Do's

Parilla Pena - Empanadas, Steak and Wine
I still have dreams of this place, and I swear one day soon I will buy a ticket just to fly in and out of BA to satisfy this craving. The best steak and empanadas I have tried among all the other Trip Advisor Steak places in BA.



El Cuartito - Pizza and Pepsi
Pizza here is good, what makes it special is that you are eating it in a 1930's cafe, that is packed with Argentinians and tourists alike (meaning hungry) and the energy of the place is bustling. Its a good stop for hangovers, actual meals, or an afternoon snack. It's a historic spot so it just makes you feel trendy and cultured when you have pizza here. Ask for their best seller. 



Volta - Ice Cream and Coffee
I stumbled in this cafe because they were the only ones on the block that offered me "En Chofe" an adopter extension cord for my laptop. I tried their coffee and I went from a 0% caffeine lady to an "Oh My God I gotta have that Argentinian Cafe-addict" Their Ice cream is also pretty good. In fact It's so good it's like Sensodyne to the Whitener's teeth. I know that reference didn't sound delicious... It's really good you'll sacrifice the pain... Better?



Take Wooden Train (Line A, Buenos Aires Metro, Between San Pedrito and Plaza de Mayo)
This trip just makes me giddy. I know I know, Im not the girl who takes wooden transpo on a day to day basis, no rickshaws, horse drawn carriages lately.. but a wooden train ... come on! The Hong Kong transit system has a lot to learn about keeping it full of character. (if you aren't aware of the HK Transit system, it is one of the most efficient and state of the art communes of metal in the world moving people to and fro, in and around that very colorful city)


Cocina Sunae

Advanced reservations only! But a must do!!! This chick Sunae is a mom, blogger, grocecrier and chef from NYC who married an Argentinean. At the beginning of the week, She writes about her upcoming menu to be served only to ten or so exclusive tables. The next few days is grocery and prep for the big night. She continues to post TID bits and photos online about the surprises you as the guest of this feast will be up for, then finally D day arrives. The big Dine in day, where you get to try what you've read about throughout the week. This is Genuis!


www.cocinasunae.com

Cabana Las Lilas

On the pricier end, but actually very tasty pricey... For the love of money and for the love of food. Try coming with a big group so you an try course after course and possibly split the bill later. Order limoncello shots in between courses and finish with Dolce De Leche. Good place to get full and drunk! I spent three hours here ... Eating, Drinking... This is the life!





No comments:

Post a Comment